Thursday, October 8, 2015

Throwback Thursday With My Spiralizer

As I mentioned in my prior post, all the sudden I blink and the weekend is over. The same goes for the week, how is it Thursday night? It also means I've been cooking all week and my creative juices aren't exactly flowing. Fortunately, I thought ahead and made lots of chicken last night when making my dinner. (But I will get to that shortly) 

I had mentioned before how one of my favorite Shakeology drinks is the Chocolate (Vegan) with Coffee. Today (drum roll please) - Shakeology announced a new flavor, Mocha Latte!! I can't wait to share more information as I learn more. So, stay tuned!!

Back to my dinner! I have a handful of sweet potatoes (which, my husband also doesn't eat) I used my Spiralizer to spiralize 2 sweet potatoes (wanted some leftovers for lunch tomorrow!) I then took some of the chicken I made last night as well as an apple, and tossed them in my food processor. Tossed the zoodles in my antique cast iron skillet with some avocado oil, then added in the apples and chicken, threw on some spinach to wilt, followed by a splash of apple cider vinegar. It was, incredible. 



Sweet Potato Zoodles 

1 sweet potato
Handful of lettuce
3-4 chicken tenders
1 apple
Splash of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp of avocado oil

I included the directions above. With this recipe, I pretty much just eye-balled the measurements. I shook some Himalayan sea salt on top of it and 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's. If you do not know about 21 Seasoning Salute - I highly recommend getting familiar with it. It is by far one of my favorite seasonings. You can pretty much put it on anything. 

Now, for a #tbt - my first attempt at noodles last fall, part of my #sweatingforthewedding diet (Including the much needed wine)




No comments :

Post a Comment