Wednesday, November 4, 2015

So You Had A Bad Day...Chicken

It’s been a bit - attributed to a crazy few weeks!

I’ve made a few great recipes and look forward to sharing them. Tonight, I’ll start with a recipe I have made three times in the last week. Yes, three times. My husband thinks it’s that amazing! This is the same husband that challenged me to do pull-ups after going out to dinner one night, but I digress. (More to come on that!)

My original inspiration for this comes from Nom Nom Paleo. It’s an amazing cookbook - I recommend picking it up! After finishing up my first P90X workout - I had little desire to make a complicated meal. My arms were still shaking. 

One problem, my husband is picky when it comes to eating things, I needed to be creative and do my own thing. Since it requires smashing the chicken and I was having a bad day, we dubbed it:

Bad Day’s Revenge Chicken

1 package of boneless chicken tenders
1/2 cup of almond flour
1/2 tsp of oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (optional)
2 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil) 
Parchment paper (for chicken smashing)

You are going to need a skillet, preferably a cast iron skillet and a meat tenderizer - to smash the heck out of your chicken. 

First, combine your flour, oregano, sea salt, and 21 Seasoning Salute in a mixing bowl. 

Next, lay down a piece of parchment paper that will extend the length of your chicken (probably about a forearm’s length) Then, place you chicken down on top of the paper. Finally, lay another piece of parchment paper OVER the chicken. 

Here comes the best part, taking your bad day out on the chicken! HECK YEAH!



Once complete, you are going to individually roll the chicken in the flour mixture. Do what works best for you, I put the rolled chicken on a separate plate before cooking, I know each person has their own cooking quirks. Do what works for you. 

The final step is cooking the chicken. You will want to heat up the oil in the skillet then add in 2-3 chicken tenders. Let cook for 3 minutes then flip and cook for 3 more minutes. 

Once cooked, do you feel is best to keep the chicken warm (whether placing in a covered dish in the microwave - just as storage - wrapping in tin foil - do what floats your boat!) Continue this until all chicken is cooked. 

That’s it. All done! We added a side of broccoli with our chicken and it was an amazing meal.

No fun picture tonight - my program doesn't like me.




No comments :

Post a Comment