Thursday, October 15, 2015

Peppers, PiYo, Perfection!

I love stuffed peppers. The one problem with them, the rice! With that said, I have been on a mission to find a healthier recipe that my husband would also enjoy. Additionally, my full-time job has limited my ability to food prep and come up with cooking-intense recipes.

I introduce you to:



Cauliflower and Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Serves 3

3 Peppers (You can be colorful!)
1 package of ground turkey
1 bag of frozen cauliflower
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
21 Seasoning Salute
2 tbsp of EVOO
Sriracha (optional)

The first thing to do is turn your oven on to 350 degrees. Start boiling a pot of water that will fit 3 peppers. Next, cut the tops off of your peppers. This should go without saying, but de-seed your peppers!

After this, put the peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes.

While the peppers are boiling, microwave the cauliflower (I make sure to use the bags that are ready to pop in the microwave to save some time) Then, add your turkey to the pan to start browning.

Once your cauliflower is done, if you have a food processor, add it into the food processor to make it into a rice consistency. Then add your "rice" into the ground turkey to get some flavor. Finally, add in most of your tomato sauce.

After your peppers have hung out in the boiling water for 5 minutes - take them out and let them dry a bit. (I put mine onto my cookie baking rack)

Once the peppers have cooled off and dried - start scooping in the turkey into the pepper. To complete the peppers, I added a splash of Sriracha onto of each of the peppers. This is completely optional depending on your spice tolerance.

I let the peppers back for 25 minutes in the oven. They came out perfect!

I had plenty of cauliflower rice and turkey leftover for lunch.

These were a great compliment to my PiYo Sweat Workout tonight. The many pushups and warrior three poses had me ready for some dinner!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment